ABOUT THE SOCIETY
If you would like to apply for membership, just click on this link: Enroll for Membership Now!
Otherwise to learn more about our group before applying for membership, read on …
Launched in 1989, the Warren S Johnson Society (aka WSJ Society) is named for Warren Seymour Johnson, inventor of the electric room thermostat and the founder of Johnson Controls. The WSJ Society is a social organization of members who share career experiences at Johnson Controls or its subsidiaries.
The WSJ Society promotes the continuation of friendships established during our years at Johnson Controls through activities such as social gatherings, newsletters, community service projects/programs, and continued learning experiences.
Does that mean you have to know someone to join? Of course not! The WSJ Society is a great group to make new friends. At one time we all shared a Johnson Controls career experience. That’s a start. Let’s build on that, enjoy each other and do some good.
Eligible member candidates include those who are:
- Retired from Johnson Controls, or
- Past and present employee with 10 or more years of service, or
- Surviving spouse of a paid-up member.
- Reunion in Milwaukee, biannual — even years — for members from all parts of the world
- Luncheons in Milwaukee, quarterly for all who can make it
- News about the company and activities
- News about former colleagues — people you may know
- News about the Society and its activities
WSJSociety.com & Social Center
- Members Only Social Center to connect with colleagues and make new friends
- Open Forum Group for all members to share ideas
- WSJ Society and company news online
- Resources for lifelong engagement
Benefits of Membership
- The Society provides a forum for members to talk about matters its members are dealing with: money management, health care, recreation, activities and other topics.
- The Society is also a source of information on the Company. Johnson Controls officers and program managers are invited to speak at the Society’s bi-annual meetings.
- Planned social activities — get together to catch up and share experiences
- Access to the Social Center at WSJSociety.com, the Members Only section where you can get together with friends wherever they are today.
Volunteering is fun and even more enjoyable when you’re with old friends and work acquaintances – plus it’s good for you and the community. As WSJ Society members, we can bring many years of valuable experience to projects needing our help. Whether it’s building projects or working with the youth or the elderly, teaching or whatever, there are opportunities available to us.
Wherever our members or member candidates live and work today, all share the vision and values that come with a Johnson Controls career: lifelong learning, engagement, personal growth, community involvement, service. We welcome and encourage eligible member candidates from all business units of Johnson Controls, past or present, wherever you live now, to join the community enroll for membership today.
Interested? Enroll for Membership Today
The link below will take you through the steps to enroll for membership and registration for access to Members Only content on the website.
If you are already a member but have not yet registered for access to Members Only content, check out the For Members page for information on the Social Center how you can register for access.
Let’s have some fun and do some good together!