Spring Luncheon 2013, Milwaukee
April 18, 2013
Yes, it didn’t feel like Spring, but on April 18th, 65 of our members gathered at Alioto’s to update each other on Winter-time activities and at least think about Spring!
Our first time attendees were Jim Charewicz and Jim Greevers, great to see them again!
After lunch, we were treated to a fantastic dose – 216 images – of “The Public Gardens of Wisconsin” displayed in their full seasonal splendor. Our virtual tour was presented, with personal insights added, by local landscape architect Dennis Buettner. Dennis gave us many special insights, what to look for in the gardens and urged us to experience them in all four seasons.
Check them out for yourself, you can’t go wrong. Here’s the list:
- Mitchell Park Horticultural Conservatory, Milwaukee
- Olbrich Botanical Gardens, Madison
- Allen Centennial Gardens, Madison
- Longenecker Horticultural Gardens, Madison
- Rotary Gardens, Janesville
- Green Bay Botanical Gardens, Green Bay
- Memorial Park Arboretum & Gardens, Appleton
- Paine Art Center & Gardens, Oshkosh
- West of the Lake Gardens, Manitowoc
- John Michael Kohler Arts Center, Sheboygan
- Villa Terrace Decorative Arts Museum, Milwaukee
- Boerner Botanical Gardens, Hales Corners
And, Dennis added a few for additional investigation:
- Wisconsin Executive Residence, Maple Bluff, WI (by reservation)
- Anderson Gardens, Rockford, IL
- Chicago Botanic Garden, Glencoe IL
Enjoy your summer – get out to enjoy the gardens in your area!