Words of Wisdom from Tom Parris
June 18, 2014
Submitted by Tom Parris, Past President
- Always read stuff that will make you look good if you die in the middle of it.
- Drive carefully… It’s not only cars that can be recalled by their Maker.
- If you can’t be kind, at least have the decency to be vague.
- If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.
- It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.
- Never buy a car you can’t push.
- Never put both feet in your mouth at the same time, because then you won’t have a leg to stand on.
- Since it’s the early worm that gets eaten by the bird, sleep late.
- The second mouse gets the cheese.
- When everything’s coming your way, you’re in the wrong lane.
Editor’s Note: I’m not sure when Tom submitted this. I found it in the file as a draft i.e. not published here before. Thought you might enjoy a bit of Tom’s good humor.