Fall Luncheon 2019
November 10, 2019
Event Date: October 17, 2019
“Follow the dog-walker, not the dog!”
You may have noticed on your walks in the park, as I have, some dogs stay close to their walkers with good discipline, others sniff here and there, do some business on this side of the path, then the other. In the end though both types of dogs know that if they follow the dog walker home they’ll get fed. So, if you want to see where they’re going, follow the dog-walker, not the dog.
That bit of wisdom modeled the core message delivered by Paul Christian and Michael Antonelli of Baird Wealth Management at our Fall Luncheon.
But in the markets,
Who’s the dog? and,
Who’s the dog walker?
The answers came in a series of points:
- consumers drive the market
- never let politics impact investment choices
- choices in turbulent times determine investment success
- chose a long-term perspective, life cycle is more important than market cycle
- don’t make it about just stacking money, ‘life experience’ is a better goal.
Those are easy to remember even for those of us well into that long term.
Our thanks to Paul and Mike for passing along their message.
Best wishes to all, hope to see you at the next luncheon – the Winter Luncheon 2020. We can warm up over lunch and a few stories.
Jude Anders, Editor